8.28.2008

Where in the world is....?

OK, how sick are you of the nekkid yoga post? Very. I don't even look at my blog anymore, and probably neither do you!

Where have I gone? you ask. Traveling the world? Home sick in bed? Dealing with STUFF (and yes it deserves capital letters)? Watching way too many hours of the Olympics? Yes to all of the above. And as usual I have totally shirked my blogging duties. Lame, I know.

I do have some fun things to report on, but instead for today- and just in case you haven't seen this story all over the blogosphere- here is a link to help this beautiful family. Stephanie (Nie Nie) and Christian Nielson, parents of four young children, were in a plane crash about two weeks ago. They survived but have severe burn injuries. Today there are fund raisers all over the internet to help with their recovery fund. Here are a couple of links:

Design Mom has a bunch of great auctions going on.
CJane (Nie Nie's sister) has a BYU auction and also all of the updates on the Nielson family.

I don't know the Nielsons and had only read the Nie Nie Dialogues for a short time before the plane crash, but I am so impressed with her zest for life, her family, and the gospel. I have been touched by the outpouring of love and support for them and the amazing strength of her family. Truthfully, I just can't get over this story and hope and pray they will be ok. So check out their sites and see if there is anything you think you could do to help.


4 comments:

Hazen5 said...

I love seeing so many people help those in need! Great job trying to get the word out. Their family is in my prayers.

Paige said...

Hmmmm. I'm gonna call you this weekend from my trip. or you could call me.

queenieweenie said...

Glad you're back. So many awesome ways that people are showing their love for someone they don't even know...amazing.

The Soulier Family said...

Great to hear from you. I was made aware of the story through a friend. What a tragedy. It is amazing to me how people rally in times of need!