So my very first triathlon is Saturday! In this picture you will see me with a very darling Nicole DeBoom of triathlete fame. I had to get a picture with her because she rocks and Craig bugs me to get a picture with her every time we have seen her (all of twice now), and she was very gracious of my geeky request. Since I didn't have my camera, my friend Lindsey took the picture with my phone, so it is hard to tell just how darling she is, but you could check her out here. When I asked for her picture she said that the ladies usually ask for a photo with her hubby, Ironman Champion Tim DeBoom. That is ok, because I got the picture of her for mine...Not only is she awesome, but she started a company that makes my favorite running gear, Skirtsports. Even though I'm not a great athlete, their cute gear makes me feel fabulous and fast. I told her that her stuff was my favorite (did I gush too much or what!), and I think she was flattered and maybe almost teary.
I haven't done a great job of training for this triathlon, but my theory is that the more I invest the more committed I am (i.e. I won't back out even though it may really suck), so I had already ordered these darling triathlon top, bottom, and (most importantly) skirt, for the race. Truth be told, I'll look a little lumpy and squishy for the swim and bike (hopefully I'll be too fast for anyone to notice, ha ha), but I will look hot on the run! The only downside was that, as you can see in the picture, Nicole wore her darling gear to her presentation at the packet pickup, so the outfit was flying off the racks at the store. However, she showed off the polka-dot top and I bought the floral print skirt, so hopefully I will still stand out in the crowd. If I can't be fast, at least I'll look good.
Wish me luck!
7 comments:
excellent! good luck to you. i can't really swim, so i always envy people who do tri's. can't wait to see the pictures
Good luck! You're awesome, you know. I probably couldn't run around the block.
Wow...a triathlon. You rock. Loved meeting you at Blogapalooza :)
Cannot wait to hear how it turned out! I am so proud of you!!
thinking of you today! I ran my big six miles and nearly died.
Oh yeah it's all about the fashion. Can't wait to hear how it all went down!
Come on. We want to know how it went. With photos of the outfit, of course.
Post a Comment