We are on countdown to vacation. We have been for months (how many more days, mom? 98) but it is finally almost here!
About 6 weeks ago, my cute, creative, and kid-less sister suggested that we make a paper chain to mark all of the days until vacation. The boys were so excited. For about 3 minutes. Then I spent an hour cutting and gluing paper chains together. The boys were also excited about tearing off one chain a day. For about 3 days. And then I had to go back and mark rings to help us keep track of where we are. Now our vacation is so close that I can easily count how many days are left until we leave, without consulting the calendar. Hooray!
Now, here is the really important part of the post. I need ideas for books to take on vacation. In all actuality this is actually a family trip, not vacation, but I am still hoping for time to read on the beach. My reading list is about 2 years behind the curve, so don't be afraid to suggest something that has been around for a while. Except for the Twilight series, I've got that one covered.
I'm not sure who is still reading my sporadic posts, but this is a test of your friendship. I am that desperate for ideas. Is that as bad as the threats at the end of all chain emails? I'm trying to induce some guilt here, peeps! Thanks for your help!

6 comments:
Have you read any of the Shannon Hale books? Goose girl, princess academy, book of 1000 days? Great, fast fun reads I also liked Fairest
Young Adult Fiction? Fablehaven 1-3, Rules (my new favorite), Zachary Beaver
chic-lit? shopaholics, nanny diaries, the manny
The English American
Life of Pi
I could go on and on
Apparently there's a reason I have no kids... My idea was bunk! But I don't understand why?!? I loved those paper chains counting down til Christmas when I was a wee lass. Oh well. Glad you're enjoying the paper chain. ;)
I will henceforth be stalking your comments to get book ideas, as well. Thanks for doing all the posting work!
On second thought, there's a good chance you'll get more reading done than I because I can't wait to play with all the kids! (read: parents will get a break when their coolest aunt bean & uncle brandon are around)
Oh. And I have no "beach reads" to recommend. You've read everything I could offer (and in double the time!)
I've posted on my blog about the Great and Terrible Beauty series. Totally fun vacation reading.
Also loved The Thirteenth Tale and one I'm reading now by Susan Isaacs called Shining Through.
Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro. One of the best fiction books I've read in the last several years. Mom has my copy (I believe she's done with it). I read The Other Boleyn Girl on the beach last year. I like to think of it as Tudor trash -- complete brain candy but you feel a little better about it because it's
"historically based."
Less trashy, but I just finished Obama's Audacity of Hope. Go Blue!
Post a Comment