4.23.2008

American Crush

It is cliche, but I must share my thoughts on Idol. While I miss Matthew Johns (that hair!), I must declare my love for David C.- overdone 5 o'clock shadow and all. His voice really gets me (sigh). When Carly closes her eyes and reaches for the big notes, she looks like a rat pulling taffy out of her mouth. Great voice, but I can't get over that face, or her terrible stylist (last night excepted). Poor, poor Brooke. Loved her in the Carly Simon phase. Now when she pouts I want to grab her lips and squeeze them together. Jason I love as long as he isn't talking. That's all folks. I would post pictures, but am not sure how to do that without violating copyright restrictions.

Oh, and you know the saying, never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear? Because while you are cleaning your 5 year old son's ear and he moves suddenly, you just might puncture his eardrum? Yeah. True story. Mother of the year, right here.

(Please don't notice that my boys are sitting on the kitchen counter, or you might feel the need to report me to child protective services after my last two posts. I swear I was right there the whole time!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Why does Brooke pout so much? It's annoying!

I don't think your boys have broken you down enough if you say that letting them on the counter will get CPS knocking on your door. My 5 year old is climbing trees these days and I ask him to get down about half the time. Never listens the whole time.

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

I haven't watched Idol at all this season (or really since season 2) but I saw the results show this week because I was procrastinating (what's new?). Brooke must be the one Paige thinks is a Mo. But I thought forgetting the lyrics was the kiss of death, not Simon. And dread-lock man kind of bugs.

As for the boys on the counter eating chocolate cake...isn't that normal and acceptable behavior? Or is that just in our family?

diane said...

David C's head looks like Jimmy Neutron. But, I like his voice. Looking forward to blogapalooza.

Paige said...

Agreed about David Cooke and the pouter. LOVE him, and anyone from the 80's with long hair.

I have repented and added you to my links. And to my reader so I don't keep missing your posts!

Linsey said...

You are so good to be concerned about copyright issues and lifting photos from the web - I thought about that once for exactly 5 seconds and then proceeded to poach away. But, then you finished law school and I am a law school drop-out...

Jill said...

Hello!
I am going to BP too. It will be fun to meet you!
I totally agree with you on all your AI conclusions. Too funny. Brooke is really starting to bug. I love both David's though. I think they will be finalists.
Too fun!
Well, I guess I will see you this weekend!
quirkykirky.blogspot.com