10.09.2008

Here is where I make an announcement

Yes, I'm pregnant! 4 months or so. And while exciting, I make my blog announcement so I can share this funny story.

The boys are SO EXCITED and they ask everyday whether I know yet if it is a girl baby or a boy baby (I don't). Sam wants a boy baby and Jack wants a girl baby. The good news is, one of them will get what they want. They also want to discuss names, and let me tell you, they are quite opinionated about it. They have all sorts of ideas that I don't like, and so far they don't like any of my name choices either.

To almost every name idea, Sam says "That's a bad name, mama. BAD. NAME."

I suggested to Jack we name a girl "Lane." We could call her "Laney," I told him.
"LANEY C***? Mom, that totally sounds like LAMEY C***!"

I laughed and laughed. Of course, the new nickname might be enough to rule out the name entirely. Aren't they helpful?

If you haven't experienced our naming process before, we come up with lots of ideas and hardly share them at all. We put up a list in the hospital and make everyone vote. Then we choose at the last minute right before we have to leave the hospital (and that is the deadline so I don't have to go back and redo the paperwork later), and ignore the results of the vote entirely. Want to participate in the fun? Bring on your name ideas!*

* Paige is already on the list, but we will still let Paige take credit for suggesting it.

10 comments:

queenieweenie said...

Allison of course!

Paige said...

Oh, I like Paige. Girl names are fun. For boy names the one I like right now is Levi.

You have a good tradition of naming solid boy names, so it looks like you are OK and I don't have to be scared for you. I'd suggest Zachary b/c it seems to go with your other names, but anything new testament would be good!

Hazen5 said...

Congrats!!! I can't wait to find out what you are having, then I'll put my name suggestions in the ring!

diane said...

Brynn for a girl.
Evan and Jordan for boys...I'm partial.

Unknown said...

Congrats!!

Wow, you're brave and that is coming from someone who just braved the third child after having two older boys.

I have to laugh because - and I am not kidding - from my very first pregnancy 'Lane' was at the top of my girl list. To this day, every pregnancy is met with the hope that "Lane" will join our family.
coming up with boy names are so much harder. Because we're a sports family - we look at all the college quarterback's names. Seriously. Meet my Blake and Chase.

K Sue said...

Katie is the cutest name but Lane is a super cute too. I am so excited for you! I hope it is a girl. A boys name I like is Sawyer. We are hoping to be out there soon and we really need to get together. It has been too long.

Christie said...

Congrats to you! That is so exciting.

Hey, maybe they EACH could get their way. Do you know if it's just one in there? Stranger things have happened...

Linsey said...

We have only managed to name our boys just in time for the paperwork as well. I like solid boy names, like the ones you already have or Andrew, Jesse or Timothy.

My sister's name is Lane -- sometimes we call her "lame" -- but just for fun!

I like Mary, Eliza and Rachel for girls.

Linsey said...

Oh, and Congratulations!!

John and Celeste said...

To my darling friend . . .CONGRATS!!!!

You guys seem to be traditional with your names so how about William (Will) - I also agree with the names from your friends - Good suggestions!!! (Evan & Zach)

Enjoy the FUN!!